Thursday, February 26, 2009

What...............

What is it?
I have been thinking of some of the things I read about and wondering about what they mean to me, what they mean to others, and if the two are even close.

Class – What is it, do I have it, do you have it? When I see this term bandied about, I can’t help but make comparisons as to what I can see with my own eyes. Half wheelers, those who put their wheel where they shouldn’t, and those who just don’t pay attention to the situations around them. Do they have class just because they are fast? Although class seems to mean the ability to win races, I believe that it extends to other less measurable, less quantifiable standards…………

Flow – Do I have it, am I getting it, can I get it? This one is even more subjective than the first. Last night I felt “flow”. The legs were none too fresh nor strong but they seemed not to care, the attention felt focused, but the movements fluid and the feeling sublime. This, I believe, is what will pay off for me. Time spent on the bike carving turns and balancing on the pedals. Focus on the feel, the flow…………

No comments: