Monday, February 9, 2009

An open post:

In the throes:
So for further clarification, I have pulled the oh so sweet Reynolds DV46C’s off of the Look and replaced them with Shimano’s cheapest (or almost cheapest) set of wheels. This is heartbreaking for me to say the least, although I know that I should just get over it. This bike just looks so bad ass with those wheels on it. Don't you think?


But I know that in the long run I need to run the crap wheels as it will have the two fold benefit of saving the good and true wheels for race day and making my legs work a bit harder to turn the heavier wheels whilst training. They do ride fine though and I look like less of a wanker riding around town. I should count myself lucky to have the dilemma of which bike to put which wheels on, worrying about gear choices and such. Hey, I’m a gear junkie and I have the credit card bills to prove it.

On Love and Labour:
Many of the people that I have told about my recent lack of training have given me that “You’re screwed - you are screwing up” look when I say that I have been “working on the garage”. So let’s clarify- By working I mean that I have completely demolished an interior and an exterior wall of the garage, re-framed them, tied everything together structurally, drilled and screwed into concrete, and framed in for a garage door, which is now in. Talk about hard work! I now have a bike shop with a garage bay!!!
I also ordered the Ultimate Pro Classic bike stand, truing stand attachment, and all the trimmings for my shop………. So very PRO.

On Training:
Yes I have also been sick, but as far as training goes I have really gone my own way. Given the extreme length of our racing season and the burned out state that I have frequently gotten into, I have not been piling on the miles but have been trying to improve my muscular power by doing shorter (2 hour) rides involving a higher degree of power and gaining extra weight that I plan on using as a buffer to burn through as the season progresses.

On Haters:
I changed the style up…….. So let the haters hate and I’ll let the deliciousness pile up! Word.

1 comment:

Greg said...

a) There's something about the look of a bike with a set of 28 hole 3 cross spoke wheels. It's a bike that looks like it's ready for the classics! Perfect for this time of year...

b) On training: train hard/rest harder. Some of the best seasons I've ever had are when I thought i didn't have enough hours and KJ's in the legs, and yet I end up feeling so much depth. Who'da thunk it?